We encourage you to read it thoroughly and are confident that you will easily understand how we gather, store and process your data plus the choices available to you.
Keeping your information safe and increasing transparency is important to us. We are committed to upholding the highest standards of data protection and we thank you for placing your trust in us.
If you use the Website, you consent to this policy and the use/sharing of your personal data as described herein. You have the choice to opt-out of sharing your data, as described below, and control how we use and share your data.
In matters pertaining to Canadian and European laws for the protection of privacy, FlipNpik is designated as the data controller of the Website.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND RECEIVED
We may collect or receive personal information about you, including, but not limited to, your name or username, phone number, Instagram account and email address. You can choose what information you want to input into the Website, however if you choose to withhold any personal data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain the full potential of this Website or its full range of features. We collect personal information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
when we correspond with you as a user or prospective user;
when you use the Website;
when you register as an end-user of our Website and an account is created for you;
when you provide information, such as survey information;
when you contact us for help; and
when our Website sends us error reports or analytics data.
Our Website does not require you to include sensitive information (e.g. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic data, biometric data or data concerning sexual orientation). In the event that you provide such sensitive information as listed above you acknowledge that you have provided us with explicit consent to collect such information.
Personal information is collected only when voluntarily offered and solely for purposes that are clearly identified on our Website. Personal information means any information that is unique to you.
You may withdraw your consent at any time however such withdraw does not affect the legality of the treatment of your Information before such withdraw.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a lawful basis. Our lawful basis include consent (where you have given it), where the processing is necessary for the performance of a transactional contract with you, and for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of our third parties, provided that such interest does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Examples of legitimate interest include but are not limited to: (i) complying with applicable law, (ii) protecting against security or other threats, (iv) administration of our business interests, including improvements and enhancements of our business, and (iv) customer/user relationship issues.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. Consent to share deidentified information. By using our Website, all users accept and agree that we will be allowed to use any information that they have included in this Website, so long as we will first de-identify this information, meaning that we will make the information anonymous by removing the user’s name and other personally identifying pieces of information. We may use this information towards research and development and quality improvement for this Website.
2. Consent to share personal information. We may use personal information that we collect about you to:
providing, maintaining, delivering or improving our Website or the products or services provided through our Website;
deliver the products and services that you have requested;
developing new products or services;
sending you technical notices, support or administrative notifications;
manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
perform analysis about your use of the Website;
communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
manage our business;
respond to investigation, court orders, legal process, or to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law;
perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
matching your Information with job vacancies to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you if you have contacted us about recruitment;
monitoring and analyzing trends, usage and activities in connection with our Website;
detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions or unauthorized or illegal activities;
protecting the rights and property of the Parties (as defined below) and others and;
linking, connecting or combining Information we collect from or about you with other Information.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
1. Personally Identifiable Information. We will never sell your email address or any other personally identifiable information to any third party. We may store personally identifiable information in locations outside our direct control (for example, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). Certain of our employees may have access to your Information if this access is strictly required in the performance of their duties. We undertake to ensure that these employees are informed of their obligation to maintain the security and the confidentiality of your Information, prior to any communication and/or consultation of your Information. Certain information you may choose to share may be displayed publicly, such as your username and any content you post when you use interactive areas of our Website like the newsfeed; except as described in this section, we will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any third party except consultants working on our behalf, without notifying you of our intent to share the information and giving you an opportunity to prevent your information from being shared. From time to time, we may partner with companies based on the interests of our users. These partner companies will never see your email address or any other information that could identify you or be used to contact you directly.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable or “deidentified” Information. The Website registration form may require users to give us contact information (such as your name and email address) and demographic information (such as your zip code, age). We use your contact information from the registration form to send you information about our Website. Your contact information may also be used to contact you when necessary. We may use demographic and/or profile data to tailor your experience on the Website, make suggestions that we think you may be interested in, and display content according to your preferences. Furthermore, we shall have the right to retain records of all data pertaining to use of our Website including, but not limited to, usage, activity logs, and click-throughs. We may disclose such deidentified data to third parties provided it is grouped with other users’ data and is presented in an aggregate form. Deidentified data may be shared with researchers and strategic partners to advance research or provide improved products.
3. We May Be Required to Share Your Information. We reserve the right to disclose information when required by law, such as by a subpoena or other legal proceedings. We may also disclose your information if we reasonably believe it necessary to (i) comply with requests of law enforcement or other applicable law; (ii) to enforce any agreement between you and us; (iii) to protect the security and integrity of our website, applications, or services; and/or (iv) to protect us, our users or others.
4. What Happens in the Event of a Change of Control. We may be involved with an acquisition or divestiture of our business, products or services. Information we maintain including names and email addresses, and other information related to our services may be sold or transferred in connection with such transaction. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of our business or assets. You will be notified via email and a notice on our website of any applicable change in ownership or use of your information.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
Our Website may offer social sharing features, links to social media and other integrated tools. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your contacts or the public, depending on the settings you use with the entity that provides the social sharing feature or social media. Please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features to obtain more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and the processing of such data by such entities.
TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION OVER THE INTERNET
We take reasonable steps to protect the security of the information communicated through our Website. However, no computer security system is entirely foolproof, and the Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. As a result, we do not assume any responsibility for the data you submit to or receive from us through the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information and we cannot and do not guarantee that information communicated by you to us or sent to you by us will be received or that it will not be altered before or after its transmission to us. You agree to not hold us and our respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Parties”) liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any misappropriation, interception, modification, deletion, destruction or use of information provided through our Website.
We provide users registered to our newsletter the opportunity to opt-out of receiving newsletter communications from us, except transactional correspondence. To opt-out of receiving our newsletter, users can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each newsletter.
HYPERLINKS AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS, CORRECTION, DELETION
We retain the personal data that you provide to us when you registered by creating your account with us via the Website or any other information that you volunteered while using this Website for (i) as long as your account is active or (ii) otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We retain any information provided as described in the Uses of Information above.
You have the right to request access to the information that we have on you. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to comply with your request, we may have to verify your identity. If you believe that the information that we have about you is incorrect, you are able to contact us at email@example.com with the request. Note that any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified above in point 1 will be deleted.
You have the right to request the deletion of any personal data that we have on you. If you wish to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may not be able to delete any deidentified data on you. This is data that has been dissociated from your identity and that is used for quality improvement or analytical purposes. Once this data has been deidentified, it may no longer be possible to determine which user it came from. By using this Website, you provide explicit consent to have your data anonymized and used for the purposes described above.
HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
1. The information collected by us may be processed and/or stored in Canada, United States, European Union Member Nations, or any other country in which we or our affiliates or service providers maintain operations. We may transfer information that we collect, including personally identifiable information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction of domicile to other countries or jurisdictions. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws restricting transferring and location of storage of data, please note that we will comply with laws applicable to us meaning we will ask for your express consent prior to such transfers.
2. We want to make you aware that pursuant to the EU Data Protection Laws, we shall act as a Processor or Subprocessor, and not a Controller with respect to any personal information collected on behalf of our customers. If you are a customer who uses our services and you collect personal information on citizens within the European Economic Area, we ask that you contact
email@example.com to request a Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”). This DPA implements the GDPR’s Article 28 terms for processors and also incorporates the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (processors) of 2010 (also known as “model processor clauses” or “SCC 2010”) to facilitate the lawful transfer of Personal Data from the EU to outside of the EU, where necessary and as required.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are concerned with protecting your privacy and data, and therefore we use industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving user data exchanged between us and other companies to help ensure its security. Our Website has security measures in place designed to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Our Website’s servers are backed up regularly and protected by security systems. However, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information on the Website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. If you have any questions about security on our website and/or Website , you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR CANADIAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
Any personal information that we collect from you is currently stored and processed in Canada. If you are accessing the Website outside of Canada, you need to understand that by accessing our Website , you consent to the transfer of your personal information to Canada. Please be advised that Canada’s law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law in your jurisdiction.
Deidentified information can be stored in any other country in which we or our affiliates or service providers maintain operations as mentioned above.
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 18. If you are the parent of a minor child and you learn that your minor child has communicated Information to us, we invite you to contact our Information Officer (coordinates located in the section “More Information”), so that our Information Office can proceed with the erasure of your minor child’s Information.
SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS
Upon request, we will provide you with access to information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we collect and maintain about you. To change, modify or remove information previously provided by email, please contact us at email@example.com.
Furthermore, notwithstanding anything herein, if you are a citizen of the European Union and your Information is processed by us, you are free to address any claim in regards to the exercise of your rights to the competent authorities in your country of residence.
We and our Website respect the laws that relate to privacy rights in Canada and Quebec: Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/P-8.6/) and P-39.1 - Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (). Furthermore, we and our Website respect the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en).